Hi,
>
> I did notice something very strange with another cluster of routers last
> night when I was commissioning them.
> Same setup, port-channel trunks to a core switch with sub-interfaces
> running over them.
>
> I was seeing some issues with bringing up an 3-way OSPF broadcast w/MPLS
> LDP. The OSPF would come up fine BUT, the LDP wouldn't come up for all 3
> peers. Only 2 of them.
> It wasn't until I shut one of the physical interfaces on all the routers in
> the channel-group that it all started to work. I proceeded to un-shut the
> physicals and it continued to work.
>
> This was not a once off incident. I had the exact same issue 30 minutes
> later on another site.
>
> Which leads me to think that port-channels may behave strangely when being
> brought up initially on this instance.
>
> I'm going to try to bounce these boxes off peak and report back.
>
Ive come across a similar issue with portchan on 7200's....it's was a
bug....well it was in my case, portchan with 2 physical links, and
multicast(224.0.0.5) was failing in one direction, so MPLS+OSPF were failing.
Shutting down one of the physical links "fixed" the problem....I avoid
Portchans now(7200's/ASR's)...Ive ran into too many problems with
them....shaping policies being applied to portchan subinterfaces, but not
actually shaping, but then on same 7200, other shaping policies did work and
the multicast issue.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/