On 09/02/15 04:39, John Brown wrote:
Quick dumb question on S/RTBH.
I get all the foo around the dynamic nature of using BGP to inject the
bad prefix (source or dest) we want to drop.
At present we do this with destination dropping / blackholing. I
want to drop RFC 1918 sourced packets coming to me at my edge towards
providers / peers. I've got one provider sending me nearly 80Mb/s
worth traffic with the source IP being in Net-10. Their answer is for
me to ACL it. ICK
Well... ick that they're sending it. But I might be inclined to ACL it
rather than enable uRPF just for this use-case, given the specifics of
the scenario.
Unless you want it for a future, more general use of course.
My thought was to enable loose uRPF on the interface and create a
static route for net-10 pointing to null0
It's probably not your problem, but just in case - bear in mind that
sup720 can only support a single uRPF mode globally. You can't have some
interfaces in loose and others in strict.
interface te4/1
ip verify unicast source reachable-via any
ip route 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 null0
shouldn't that cause net-10 into the FIB with a ptr to null0 and thus
uRPF will discard ??
Yes.
Netflow still shows traffic on that interface with source's in Net-10.
As others have pointed out, the netflow might continue to appear. This
is a "feature". See if "sh ip int" shows the uRPF counter incrementing
at an appropriate rate.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/