Yes, which I was stunned by as well - sub $10k for the asr, and $30k+ for the 3800, though that quote was several months old. I take it that I should probably verify what I was quoted wasn't just a PSU or something...

Tim Densmore


On 3/23/2015 3:10 PM, CiscoNSP List wrote:
Hi Tim - Are you saying the ASR920 is 4 times less than an ME3800??


Cheers.


 > Hi Mark,
 >
 > I'm looking at the asr920s myself - can you give a little more info on
 > how it's the upgrade path from an me3800x? I can see that they have
 > similar stats in some areas, but I'm having a hard time with the idea of
 > a router being the next step up from a switch, especially given that
 > we're looking at a quote that's around 4x less than what we have for
 > 3800s. I'm a product line dunce, though, so any pointers would be
 > appreciated.
 >
 > Thanks,
 > Tim Densmore
 > _______________________________________________
 > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
 > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
 > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to