> From: Mark Tinka [mailto:[email protected]] > Sent: 24 March 2015 11:02 > One option is to have multi-level IS-IS (which I don't like, but...) and leak > specifically between levels, if FIB slots are an issue with the 4-port. But I > won't decide on a design until I get my hands on the thing.
I would not go down that road, remember the discussion we had some time ago where the consensus was that single level/area is soo much better simpler and features friendly compared to hierarchical models. And anyways the main FIB consumer are the customer VPN prefixes. > We terminate customers directly to the Metro-E boxes (ME3600X today). > This is why a denser 48-port ASR920 is useful for us. We try to limit the need > for boxes as much as possible, as I'm sure everybody else on this list does. Agreed, less costs and less things to break. > The next phase is to build cheaper sub-rings (the 2nd level I was talking > about) which would ordinarily be done by Layer 2 boxes. So if the 4-port > ASR920 can maintain the IP/MPLS-based Metro-E network deeper into a > layered ring, happy days. > Well you could build the L2 rings as 10GE -so you'd have 2x10GE cust-agg in and 2x10GE out to MPLS. > And yes I know the PBB-EVPN support will possibly be non-existent on MX - > so it should not classify as proper Carrier Ethernet box :) . > > If you can get Juniper to commit to your feature requirements, it'll make it > into the ACX. > > I haven't spent anytime on EVPN, to be honest. > If I understood our product guy well the statement from Juniper was that there are no slightest plans for PBB-EVPN. Which was a true wtf moment for me as one would think they'd like the box to be a competition for ASR9k. adam --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This email has been scanned for email related threats and delivered safely by Mimecast. For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.com --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
