we ended up changing the NTP FQDN to the IP and restarted services and it fixed it. It's like the FQDN only gets resolved once and never again. So after changing it to the IP I'm guessing I could change back to the FQDN. we were just hoping that changing the DNS was going to fix it.
Scott On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 4:50 PM, Eric Louie <[email protected]> wrote: > restarting the NTP service might fix the problem, although if I'm reading > this right, you restarted the Windows Servers after changing the NTP source. > > I'm assuming that you changed the C:\Program Files (x86)\NTP\etc\ntp.conf > file to use the new address AND removed the old one. Directions from there > are to stop and start the NTP service. > > > > On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 12:54 PM, Scott Voll <[email protected]> wrote: > >> I am migrating NTP from one router to another (and changing IP addresses). >> >> All our servers were pointing to the old router for NTP. >> >> I have changed the NTP source on those servers to the new one. restarted >> and if I log an ACL for NTP, I'm still seeing the servers connect to the >> old router. Any ideas on how to fix that? I'm not a windows server guy. >> >> TIA >> >> Scott >> _______________________________________________ >> cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] >> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp >> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ >> > > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
