Lukas, As for rate limiting, when changing from 7200 to ASR, I started needing to use the ISG/SSG way of doing it using the following radius attribute:
Cisco-Service-Info = "QU;$inbits;$inburst;$ineburst;D;$outbits;$outburst;$outeburst" Replace variables as appropriate. Pat Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 10:19:35AM +0200, Lukas Tribus wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I am trying to determine a basic configuration for my Asr1k that > > will allow me to establish some basic policing / shaping for my PPPoE > > subscribers. I have read a lot of the cisco ISG documents and frankly > > don't understand any of them; there isn't a clear explanation of the > > interrelationships between policiy maps, class maps, control classes and > > all the other numerous moving parts that all have to work in order for > > any of it to work. No other 'examples' I have encountered online work > > either, they all barf with various errors or simply fail to engage for > > silent unexplained reasons. I have asked here a few times generally and > > have not gotten a working solution. I still need some help! > > > > I have radius and am terminating pppoe sessions. On my c7201, I am > > using CAR from radius to establish basic bandwidth limits per subscriber > > (for those who need it set at the bras end, where their own cpe isn't > > doing it for them), and this works well. I can connect via pppoe on > > 1gbps ethernet and have the radius attributes set so that the pppoe > > session is limited to 10mbps down / 1mbps up and it works flawlessly, > > and is quit easy to understand and use. > > > > I would like to be able to replicate these results on ASR1k > > initially where the rate limits are being established in radius only and > > the ASR just polices the pppoe session. As a future stretch goal, I'd > > also like to be able to do finer grained QoS and help my end users make > > better use of their pipe. > > > > Does anyone have a pointer to any examples for either or both of > > these that work on ASR1k on the IOS-XE 3.10.xx? > > http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/bbdsl/configuration/xe-3s/asr1000/bba-xe-3s-asr1000-book/bba-ppoe-ses-q-rad-xe.html > > Which basically boils down to: > The following AV-pairs define the QoS policy to be applied dynamically to the > session: > "ip:sub-qos-policy-in=<name of the QoS policy in ingress direction>" > "ip:sub-qos-policy-out=<name of egress policy>" > > > You need to configure the policy-maps on the box first, obviously. > > > Regards, > > Lukas > > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > -- Patrick Cole <[email protected]> Senior Network Specialist World Without Wires PO Box 869. Palm Beach, QLD, 4221 Ph: 0410 626 630 _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
