I understand that RA is required by rfc 2205. I asked for a 'knob' (an IOS config) since I found a similar on in ASA firewall (i.e. if RA is sent, the knob can cause it to be ignored). I don't have enough info to answer the version/router that's originating the Path requests. Apparently Cisco behaves this way (string RA check) only when it is the PHP node and not otherwise.
On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 10:36 AM, Koch, Andrew <[email protected]> wrote: >> On 31 Jul 2015, at 4:08, Bala Subrahmanyam Venkata wrote: >> >> All- >> >> Is there a way to make IOS skip the check for RA (router-alert) option >> in RSVP Path message ? I have a router that's sending such Path >> messages and IOS is skipping with following error >> >> "Received PATH without Router-Alert option - ignoring" > > RFC2205 for RSVP states that the Router Alert must be used for Path messages. > > o Router Alert > > RSVP must be able to cause Path, PathTear, and ResvConf > message to be sent with the Router Alert IP option. > > RFC6398 does discuss considerations for using Router-Alert Options, but all > discussion in regards to RSVP state that RSVP is deployed within the same > administrative control/protected environment and no recommendation is made to > remove the must wording from RFC2205. > > What version and router type is originating these Path requests? > > Andy _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
