Good afternoon,

I've have a datacenter that I have failed over to use our secondary link to the 
internet. At this location we only accept a default route from each carrier. 
Outbound was simply set with local pref.

Inbound, I'm now sending a load of prepends and a last resort community. 
My clients connecting to various hosted services are generally using two major 
UK business internet carriers.  
One carrier - is working as expected and I can see best paths on the looking 
glass I expect.  

However the Other carrier's looking glass - which is what the other 40 percent 
of clients use, is using the inbound route with multiple prepends and the last 
resort community.  

I have a ticket open with the carrier I wanted to  make secondary inbound- (to 
check communities are being received and are correct).
However, I was hoping to do some investigation myself for my own understanding 
as much as trying to fix this issue - while I wait for their reply.

I imagine many people on this list have decent visibility as you probably have 
multiple peerings.  
What tools are out there that may help me with my limited visibility?
I want to see the how the carriers that my clients are using are connected to 
my own upstream ISP's - I'm not sure how to go about this.

Any tips or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.  Also - I'm not sure what 
can be mentioned in these emails - in terms of who these carriers are.

Thank you,

Nick 

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to