On 25 January 2016 at 11:23, Adam Vitkovsky <[email protected]> wrote:
> Interesting I didn't know that, do you know if LU or MQ is responsible for > the fragmentation? But I'm afraid it would overload the Trio ensemble pretty > quickly. > Yeah, on ASR9K the "to be fragmented" traffic has to be punted to LC CPU and > that is subject to LPTS rate-limiting. LU is doing that, more specifically reorder block is doing that, same block which guarantees order of packets when single flow exceeds PPE capacity. I think per flow fragmentation is shy of 2Mpps, but it'll scale further by adding flows. At $job-1 we wanted to move some mobile network related fragmentation out from software device into the edge network MX, I was very dubious about the idea, but tested anyhow, and was surprised to find out how fast it worked. I'm sure there are some scenarios out there where fragmentation is still unavoidable, or other solutions are even more expensive. I think JNPR should be more vocal about this ability as market differentiator. Cthulhu knows CSCO has been vocal to point out mcast benefits of ARK9k over MX. -- ++ytti _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
