On Mon, Feb 01, 2016 at 12:12:12PM -0500, Justin M. Streiner wrote:
> 
> Kind of surprising.  Thinking of the Nexus world, all Ethernet interfaces 
> are named "Ethernet....." regardless of speed. 

Yea, that's one thing I really despise about Nexus. Seeing EthX/Y is really 
boring (must be a cheap data center port thing).

There's just something appealing about seeing spelled out interface names for 
different speeds, especially when they get more expensive (HundredGigE on 
ASR9K) :-o 


> It seems like other 
> vendors are moving in this direction as well, such as Juniper with 100G 
> interfaces on MX platforms.

I don't particularly have issues with Juniper's "et-" naming, because it's only 
used for high-capacity links (25/40/50/100GE) so there's differenciation there.
It's pretty much given that most networks that rolling et- in the core is 
pretty much running 100GE.


BTW, can anybody confirm if NCS 5001 can do RSVP-TE (as a P router) well?  I'd 
presume it shouldn't have any issues with it, but the datasheet only lists LDP.
I'm thinking this could be a good replacement for QFX 5k to do lightweight LSR 
in the metro/dc access.

James 
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to