Hi,

On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 08:22:58AM -0600, Aaron wrote:
> I don't see eigrp.

Thanks for checking - saw this in the product announcement, couldn't
believe it.  Especially as this is just control-plane stuff which is
already in XR 4+XR 5, so it was consciously taken *out*... (or "we didn't
think it's worthwile to port the eigrp process to Linux").

(And yes, I'm fully aware that using EIGRP has lots of drawbacks, like,
"vendor lock in" - but I still like the protocol as such, given that it
has had fast convergence, LFA, and all that nice stuff since 15+ years
now... - but finding out that EIGRP will even lock me out of *Cisco*
products now is just a tad annoying...  well... so I can just go and
buy some other vendors nice-and-fast 1RU box, right?)

gert
-- 
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             [email protected]
fax: +49-89-35655025                        [email protected]

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to