Well XR 6.0 is the first linux-based version. The new “install” command for 
packages is actually a wrapper for yum, so it includes things like dependency 
verification.  

How you upgrade the whole OS is still a bit hazy though.  They have said it 
involves using a self-extracting ISO distribution similar to other Linux 
distros.  They are supporting PXE so theoretically you could automate the 
upgrades. 

Phil 




-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp <[email protected]> on behalf of Mark Tinka 
<[email protected]>
Date: Friday, February 26, 2016 at 11:07
To: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email protected]>, Lukas Tribus <[email protected]>
Cc: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] NCS-5001 - MPLS L3VPN Issue

>
>
>On 3/Feb/16 17:04, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
>
>>  
>>
>> I've been told XR 6.x will have a new package handler, I am curious to
>> see if that actually fixes a lot of the problems. I kept stating to
>> people involved with XR that the Debian apt tool was better in 2000
>> than the package handling in XR in 2014.
>
>They said this about IOS XR 5, so I'm not holding my breath, but will be
>pleased if they come through.
>
>Mark.
>_______________________________________________
>cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
>https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
>archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to