Hi,

On Tue, Mar 01, 2016 at 12:35:23AM +0000, Tom Hill wrote:
> How does that affect 'network state'? Either it works after upgrade, or
> it does not?

Well, I could see the fear that "not everything is really on the same
level" (like, some features are missing bugfixes, etc.) and much later,
you run into weird "it works on this device, but fails on that one, and
both claim to run the same level of IOS XR" issues.

It's an expression of distrust to the software upgrade process...

I do not have a personal opinion on "upgrade from 4.3.4 to 5.x" vs. "clear
the box and turbo-boot" - upgrading sounds like the path that will impact
service less long (though not necessarily taking less time overall), and
I certainly do hope that a full upgrade will totally remove all traces
from prior OS versions and SMUs - but am totally lacking arguments and
experience either way.

gert

-- 
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             [email protected]
fax: +49-89-35655025                        [email protected]

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to