On 23 May 2016 at 17:56, Phil Mayers <[email protected]> wrote: > I know nothing about -XR but surely if uRPF was eating packets with source > of 0.0.0.0, the DISCOVER wouldn't make it to the server?
You're right, I most confess I didn't read email fully before responding, apologies to OP for it. > Seeing a DISCOVER at the server but no request sounds like the OFFER getting > dropped, which can happen if the route back to the giaddr from the server > hits an RPF failure (beyond tedious in ECMP-enabled HSRP setups as we > recently discovered...) Right, so speculation is, we offered something else than 10.4.5/24 Anyhow if it's low volume box, we can capture the NPU counter which does uRPF drop, to see the exact packet being dropped. Small script to find NPU captures in a session log and turn them into PCAP - https://gist.github.com/ytti/436fe3b602a963acf21e -- ++ytti _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
