> On 27 May 2016 at 18:07, Adam Vitkovsky <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Also I would have thought that in echo mode since each side is responsible 
>> for checking its own packets independently of the remote end then each side 
>> can also run its own timers -though I'm not sure if also in echo mode 
>> there's timers negotiation that makes sure one doesn't shoot himself in the 
>> foot.

Yeah in both echo mode and no echo mode, initially control packets are
sent to negotiate timers. Whilst technically in echo mode it would be
possible to have both nodes using different interval timers (for the
fast echo packets), as long as the slow control packet timers match
edso the BFD session wouldn't drop, everything should work, however in
the RFC it does state that the timers shall be aligned (I can't
remember exactly how it works, but if one has higher or lower timers
the other adjusts to match so this should never happen).

Cheers,
James.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to