On 11/Aug/16 20:31, Peter Rathlev wrote:

> Thank you Michalis and Fredrik, this was just the info I needed. It
> sounds like we can get this to work. :-)
>
> We would love to start using NG-MVPN, Mark and others have presented
> compelling arguments several times on this list. Is there by chance any
> way of making these two work together? Could a device that supports
> both Rosen and NG-MVPN function as a kind of gateway between the two?
>
> And is there a transition path to NG-MVPN that does not require a fork-
> lift reconfiguration? I tried searching "teh intarweb" but I suspect
> I'm not using the correct search terms.

In 2011, Juniper proposed an architecture to interwork Rosen and NG-MVPN
deployments. I'm happy to unicast the document to you if you like.

On the migration, Juniper proposed an architecture to cleanly transition
a network from Rosen to NG-MVPN. The talk was given by Emil Gagala at
PLNOG in Warsaw in 2010. You can find the link here:

  
http://data.proidea.org.pl/plnog/4edycja/materialy/prezentacje/ng_mvpn_plnog.pdf

Of course, these are all Juniper solutions, purely because they were the
leading vendor pushing NG-MVPN back then. You'd have to map this to your
Cisco network accordingly.

Mark.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to