Do you require something with redundant RPs?  The fixed NCS5001/NCS5501 would 
probably fit what you need well if you don’t.  The chassis based NCS systems 
are a bit overkill for your needs.  The NCS5XXX were mainly pitched to larger 
providers originally with their own account teams so I don’t think much info on 
them has trickled down to VARs yet.  If you have any questions let me know.  

Thanks, 
Phil (now @cisco)    

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp <[email protected]> on behalf of Rick Martin 
<[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 18:03
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: [c-nsp] Nexus 7707 as Internet Edge Router?

    We have solicited quote from our local, and normally very trusted, Cisco 
partner for Internet Edge Router with 10X10G towards service provider and 2X40G 
towards our network. Current deployment will be two 2X10G LAG bundles to ISP's 
(40G), this will be replacing current MX104.
    
    I did not specify what Cisco platform, I expected them to come back with 
ASR 1006 or better. I did specifically state that I did not personally believe 
that Nexus was the right platform - but they came back with a very low ball bid 
on Nexus 7707. They knew they were up against Juniper MX platform...
    
    I cannot find much on this particular router - um, switch online so I would 
like to seek the knowledge of this group to see what your thoughts are on this 
platform for Internet edge router.
    
    We only accept default from service provider (BGP) so route table size is 
not currently an issue. We have the normal Internet edge stuff going on but 
nothing too heavy, no tunneling or other highly complex configuration.
    
    We are virtually all Cisco in our statewide network and have a fair amount 
of N9K serving us in the data center as well as customer Ethernet aggregation. 
The only area Cisco has consistently  lost on our network for the past 10+ 
years has been at our Internet edge locations (3 currently) so I believe they 
are doing everything they can to win...
    
    I value any thoughts from any of you. If you have knowledge that this is or 
is not a suitable platform for this area on our network I would love to learn 
about it.
    
    Thanks in advance
    rick
    _______________________________________________
    cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
    https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
    archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
    


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to