Coming from the MSP (managed service provider)  world where I am - EIGRP is 
great - I can summarize anywhere - and our cheap clients will only ever buy IP 
base licensed 3xxx switches.  

Even though they are on the 42nd floor of a 10 million dollar office with a 
giant  leather rhinoceros...

 So my choices are, if I want to summarize, multi area OSPF limited to 200 
routes or EIGRP which is simple and clean.



-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Nick 
Hilliard
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2017 5:39 AM
To: Gert Doering <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Nexus 7707 as Internet Edge Router?

Gert Doering wrote:
> And then, what features it gets - the first list on cisco.com was 
> amazingly thin on details, but one of the interesting bits was "no 
> support for EIGRP", which I find highly astonishing - you have a 
> vendor that has a nice customer-lock-in feature, purely control-plane 
> (so, no need to do hardware-specific coding), and they... forget to enable it?

But no-one in the SP world uses EIGRP anyway so this is a moot point, right?

Right??

Nick

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected] 
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to