I should have added that only parts of the file is base 64 encoded.  You would  
need to open the file in a text editor and copy in the parts between the 
certificate start and ends.  The user count data is found between the 
certificate data in clear text if I remember correctly.

Tommy

Sent from my mobile device.

On Apr 16, 2014 2:50 PM, Lelio Fulgenzi <[email protected]> wrote:
Thanks Tommy.

I tried select all and it won't copy into any web based decoder.

I also tried "base64 -d" on linux and it says "invalid input"

I'm trying on the .bin file.

Thoughts?


---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure
Computing and Communications Services (CCS)
University of Guelph

519‐824‐4120 Ext 56354
[email protected]
www.uoguelph.ca/ccs
Room 037, Animal Science and Nutrition Building
Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1

________________________________
From: "Tommy Schlotterer" <[email protected]>
To: "Lelio Fulgenzi" <[email protected]>, "Matt Taber (mtaber)" 
<[email protected]>
Cc: "cisco-voip" <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 2:21:05 PM
Subject: RE: [cisco-voip] is there a way to remove a file from Cisco        ELM 
       v9.0(2)SU1?

The license is base 64 encoded. You can decrypt it with a base 64 decoder.

Tommy

Tommy Schlotterer | Systems Engineer

CCNA, CCNA Voice
[cid:[email protected]]
48325 Alpha Dr. Ste. 150
Wixom, MI 48393
p 248.468.0710
e [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
w netechcorp.com<http://netechcorp.com/>

From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Lelio 
Fulgenzi
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 2:17 PM
To: Matt Taber (mtaber)
Cc: cisco-voip
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] is there a way to remove a file from Cisco ELM 
v9.0(2)SU1?

Thanks Matt,

It looks like the new license file they sent me replaced the original.

I'm guessing there are some flags in the license file that do that?

If I buy 10 more user licenses, I'm guessing the license file I receive will be 
an "append" type?

Is there a tool we can use to review the binary license files? At least 
previously, I could read the files, compare them to what I asked for before 
loading them.

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure
Computing and Communications Services (CCS)
University of Guelph

519‐824‐4120 Ext 56354
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs>
Room 037, Animal Science and Nutrition Building
Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1

________________________________
From: "Matt Taber (mtaber)" <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
To: "Brian Meade" <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Cc: "Lelio Fulgenzi" <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>, 
"cisco-voip" <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 2:03:08 PM
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] is there a way to remove a file from Cisco ELM        
v9.0(2)SU1?

At this time the procedure provided by Brian is the only method in which to 
remove an existing license file association under ELM.

The following enhancement defect has been opened with regard to the ability to 
manually remove the license file itself under the ELM instance:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCud93951

Regards,

Matt

On Apr 16, 2014, at 12:57 PM, Brian Meade wrote:

I've never seen them use a "revoke" file.

What I would do is run that command to put it back in demo mode and have 
licensing give a single license file with all of your current licenses.

Brian

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 1:53 PM, Lelio Fulgenzi 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

So there's no way to load the "revoke" file the licensing team sends?

I really don't like the idea of a license file hanging around. :(

Lelio

Sent from my iPhone

On 2014-04-16, at 1:42 PM, Brian Meade 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
This is the only way right now- 
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-licensing/116289-problem-cucm-00.html



On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Lelio Fulgenzi 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

So the licensing team cut the license file incorrectly. Is there a way to 
remove the file? Or is it going to require TAC remote assistance?

Just wondering.

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure
Computing and Communications Services (CCS)
University of Guelph

519‐824‐4120 Ext 56354<tel:519%E2%80%90824%E2%80%904120%20Ext%2056354>
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs>
Room 037, Animal Science and Nutrition Building
Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1


_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip


_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip



<<inline: image001.png>>

_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to