Our upgrades have gone pretty well, except for licensing on both systems.

For both systems, we followed instructions as outlined in both documentation
and on the list. But for some reason, we still ran into issues.

On CallManager, I installed v7, restored from backup, and then proceeded to
upload new licenses. The first feature license file it allowed me to upload,
but the second, nodes license file told me that only one W1 license file was
allowed. I then attempted to upload the DLU licenses and that uploaded as well.
After that, I tried deleting files from the CLI which I think made things
worse, so I ended up getting a TAC case to help us clear out all the old
license files so we were able to upload the new ones.

On UCCx, we upgraded v7.0(1) to v7.0(2)ES3 and use the PUT backup tool to
create the backup. We then installed v9.0(2)SU1 from scratch, and selected
restore from backup. It asked us for the newly migrated license file (which
read the correct settings, Premium, HA and 85 seats). We did get a warning
about the licenses not matching, but continued the installation because the
values were more than what we expected and needed to get things completed.
Turns out, it seems it's adding some of the previous license seat values to the
85.

We have a TAC case open for the second one so that we can go into production
with the correct quantities.

Just thought I'd share.

Lelio

---