Hello Ryan, Thanks for your note. I was checking that earlier, and was hoping to find an input flag under the EditKey softkey, but it looks like they apply only to input items. I hope the output below clarifies what I mean.
Also, I have some 9971s and 7821s that don't have this issue. I would expect to see it across the board, if it was a problem on the directories XML (unless the directory lookup method has changed on those models). I checked the directory URL (http://10.10.10.1:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectory.jsp) and saw the following; <?xml version="1.0" ?> <CiscoIPPhoneMenu> <MenuItem> <Name>Personal Directory</Name> <URL>http://10.10.10.1:8080/ccmpd/pdCheckLogin.do?name=undefined</URL> </MenuItem> <MenuItem> <Name>Corporate Directory</Name> <URL>*http://10.10.10.1:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectoryinput.jsp <http://10.10.10.1:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectoryinput.jsp>*</URL> </MenuItem> <Prompt>Select a directory</Prompt> </CiscoIPPhoneMenu> Under http://10.10.10.1:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectoryinput.jsp I see: <?xml version="1.0" ?> <CiscoIPPhoneInput> <Title>Directory Search</Title> <Prompt>Enter search criteria</Prompt> <URL>*http://10.10.10.1:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectorylist.jsp <http://10.10.10.1:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectorylist.jsp>*</URL> <InputItem> <DisplayName>First Name</DisplayName> <QueryStringParam>f</QueryStringParam> <InputFlags>A</InputFlags> <DefaultValue /> </InputItem> <InputItem> <DisplayName>Last Name</DisplayName> <QueryStringParam>l</QueryStringParam> <InputFlags>A</InputFlags> <DefaultValue /> </InputItem> <InputItem> <DisplayName>Number</DisplayName> <QueryStringParam>n</QueryStringParam> <InputFlags>T</InputFlags> <DefaultValue /> </InputItem> <SoftKeyItem> <Position>1</Position> <Name>Search</Name> <URL>SoftKey:Submit</URL> </SoftKeyItem> <SoftKeyItem> <Position>2</Position> <Name><<</Name> <URL>SoftKey:<<</URL> </SoftKeyItem> <SoftKeyItem> <Position>3</Position> <Name>Cancel</Name> <URL>SoftKey:Cancel</URL> </SoftKeyItem> </CiscoIPPhoneInput> And finally, under, this is what's being displayed: <?xml version="1.0" ?> - <CiscoIPPhoneDirectory> - <DirectoryEntry> <Name>TEST</Name> <Telephone>555-555-1212</Telephone> </DirectoryEntry> [truncated] <Prompt>Records 1 to 31 of 10189</Prompt> <SoftKeyItem> <Name>Dial</Name> <URL>SoftKey:Dial</URL> <Position>1</Position> </SoftKeyItem> *<SoftKeyItem>* * <Name>EditDial</Name> * * <URL>SoftKey:EditDial</URL> * * <Position>2</Position> * *</SoftKeyItem>* <SoftKeyItem> <Name>Exit</Name> <URL>SoftKey:Exit</URL> <Position>3</Position> </SoftKeyItem> <SoftKeyItem> <Name>Next</Name> <URL>http://10.10.10.1:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectorylist.jsp?l=&f=&n=&start=32 </URL> <Position>4</Position> </SoftKeyItem> <SoftKeyItem> <Name>Search</Name> <URL>http://10.10.10.1:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectoryinput.jsp?l=&f=&n=</URL> <Position>5</Position> </SoftKeyItem> </CiscoIPPhoneDirectory> *Angel Roberto Castaneda* On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 1:22 PM, Ryan Ratliff (rratliff) <[email protected] > wrote: > Look at the InputFlags in the CiscoIPPhoneInput the directory is > specifying. > > > https://developer.cisco.com/fileMedia/download/0d2f0d08-c7a4-48b9-8bc2-0bf69ab27382 > > For numeric you want it to be type 'N' vs 'A' for ASCII. > > -Ryan > > On Jul 25, 2014, at 12:21 PM, Angel Roberto Castaneda < > [email protected]> wrote: > > Good day all, > > I'm hoping someone might point me the right way on the issue below. > > I have a 7942 SCCP phone running firmware 9-3-1SR4-1S. When I go look at > the Corporate Directory, and select the EditDial softkey, I'm dropped into > alphanumeric mode (which makes it hard to add a 9 at the beginning of the > string, as you have to press the key five times to go through W X Y Z and > then 9). There is no softkey to switch to touchpad mode. > > The issue does not occur when editing the number on missed or placed > calls, which makes me think it might be caused by the XML of the corporate > directory. I'm using whatever comes out of the box on CUCM (9.1.2.12900-11). > > Has anyone else seen this before? > > Thank you, > > *Angel Roberto Castaneda* > _______________________________________________ > cisco-voip mailing list > [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip > >
_______________________________________________ cisco-voip mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
