Ed, You would have multiple entries for each node ideally prioritizing subscriber nodes first- http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_7/CJAB_BK_C606D8A9_00_cisco-jabber-dns-configuration-guide/CJAB_BK_C606D8A9_00_cisco-jabber-dns-configuration-guide_chapter_010.html (Look at the bottom section for an example)
Brian On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 3:05 PM, Ed Leatherman <[email protected]> wrote: > Hello, > > I'm working on a project to deploy jabber in a limited roll-out as > phone-only mode for a specific application. I'm interested in using srv > records as it looks like it might be easier for end-user/students to sign > into the client, so my question is related to that. I see that the > _cisco-uds record is used for the client to find call manager; does this > srv need to point to the publisher node, TFTP node, or CM node(s)? If not > the TFTP node, how does the client know where pull it's configuration from > once it has authenticated? > > I have jabber working OK manually just by configuring the client - I'm > just looking for ease-of-use here for the students and staff that will be > using it. > > Thanks for any clarification, most of the documents are centered around > IM&P which isn't what i'm after right now. > > Happy New Year! > > -- > Ed Leatherman > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-voip mailing list > [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip > >
_______________________________________________ cisco-voip mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
