Seems to be some confusion in this area...

UDS runs on Tomcat and accessed over HTTPS and with recent versions supports 
SAML SSO. It's throttled so there isn't any difference pointing to subscribers 
or publisher first. The UDS service is a network service on each node and 
cannot be disabled. It has no direct dependencies on Call Manager or TFTP 
running on the same node.



From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 20:24:43 +0000
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Basic Jabber Deploy question









What version of CUCM/IM&P?
 
From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]]
On Behalf Of Ed Leatherman

Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2014 3:06 PM

To: Cisco VOIP

Subject: [cisco-voip] Basic Jabber Deploy question
 

Hello,

 


I'm working on a project to deploy jabber in a limited roll-out as phone-only 
mode for a specific application. I'm interested in using srv records as it 
looks like it might be easier for end-user/students to sign into the client, so 
my
 question is related to that. I see that the _cisco-uds record is used for the 
client to find call manager; does this srv need to point to the publisher node, 
TFTP node, or CM node(s)? If not the TFTP node, how does the client know where 
pull it's configuration
 from once it has authenticated?


 


I have jabber working OK manually just by configuring the client - I'm just 
looking for ease-of-use here for the students and staff that will be using it.


 


Thanks for any clarification, most of the documents are centered around IM&P 
which isn't what i'm after right now.


 


Happy New Year!


 

-- 

Ed Leatherman







_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip                             
          
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to