You could just use an internal CA so you don't have to deal with all of the requirements. Public CA's are pretty strict about things like SANs/internal domain names.
On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 12:02 PM, Jose Colon II <[email protected]> wrote: > Thanks Gary, I am on the phone with TAC and he is saying the same thing. > Another issue I am seeing is the fact that I cannot get a certificate > assigned to me with a internal domain name or SAN. Do you have any > recommendations on this? > > On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Gary Parker <[email protected]> > wrote: > >> >> > On 5 Feb 2015, at 16:37, Jose Colon II <[email protected]> wrote: >> > >> > I am trying to generate certificate request from 10.5.1 UCCX box and >> the cert it generates is not working with verasign. It tells me "The State >> Name in the CSR cannot be abbreviated" >> > >> > Anyone have any suggestions? >> >> Hi Jose, have a look at your CSR using: >> >> openssl req -text -noout -verify -in CSR.csr >> >> where CSR.csr is your csr file. >> >> Mine, for example, reads: >> >> Subject: C=GB, ST=Leicestershire, L=Loughborough, O=Loughborough >> University, OU=ITS, CN= >> tainter.lboro.ac.uk/serialNumber=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >> >> On the “Subject:” line is the entry for ST= an abbreviated version of >> your State name? If so I’d imagine you’ll have to login on the command line >> for the server and use “set web-security” to change the State to a proper >> value. >> >> If I had ST=Leics it would also likely fail. >> >> Be aware that this *may* make you have to relicense the server (I’m not >> sure if changing state is enough to trigger this). >> >> >> --- >> /-Gary Parker----------------------------------f--\ >> | Unified Communications Service Manager | >> n Loughborough University IT Services | >> | Tel: +441509635635 Mob: +447989172258 o >> | http://delphium.lboro.ac.uk/pubkey.txt | >> \r----------------------------------------------d-/ >> >> > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-voip mailing list > [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip > >
_______________________________________________ cisco-voip mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
