Is it common practice for a CA to ignore the keyExtensions in a CSR?  I’ve seen 
a few cases recently where keyExtensions missing or partly missing have broken 
things and would love to give some better advice to the customers than just 
“fix your CA”.

-Ryan

On Feb 5, 2015, at 11:23 AM, Gary Parker <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi folks, I’m in the process of replacing a load of self-signed certs on my 
8.6.x CUCM, CUC and CUP servers.

I’ve been having issues getting certs with the correct KeyUsage extensions from 
our current provider and wondered if anyone could recommend a company who can 
provide certificates that honour the requirements in the CSRs generated by the 
Cisco Unified Communications servers.

I’m particularly interested in certificates that contain the "digitalSignature, 
nonRepudiation,keyEncipherment,dataEncipherment” extensions as per:

http://blog.warcop.com/2015/01/22/cisco-jabber-certificate-warning-again/

Jabber for Windows clients 9.2.5 and greater are flagging invalid certificates 
on our currently installed TERENA certificates.

---
/-Gary Parker----------------------------------f--\
|     Unified Communications Service Manager      |
n       Loughborough University IT Services       |
|     Tel: +441509635635  Mob: +447989172258      o
|     http://delphium.lboro.ac.uk/pubkey.txt      |
\r----------------------------------------------d-/

_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip


_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to