I use it on a secondary router just for DSP resources as my main gateway
did not have room to add more. I have never had problems with it

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 12:26 PM, Jason Aarons (AM) <
[email protected]> wrote:

>  I’ve never removed it, and never had an issue with it J
>
>
>
> *From:* cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] *On Behalf
> Of *Lelio Fulgenzi
> *Sent:* Thursday, February 26, 2015 1:17 PM
> *To:* Cisco VOIP
> *Subject:* [cisco-voip] to "dspfarm" or not?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> My voice gateways currently have the following setup:
>
>
>
> !
>
> voice-card 0
>
>  dspfarm
>
>  dsp services dspfarm
>
> !
>
>
>
> Now, from what I've read, the "dspfarm" command is used to invoke/enable
> DSP Sharing, which is strongly discouraged. And is typically used when
> sharing DSPs across voice cards and only for TDM ports.
>
>
>
> In my case, I have only VWIC3s along with an ISM running CUE installed in
> slot 0, the same as the DSPs (see below).
>
>
>
> From what I gather, I don't need and should remove the "dspfarm" command
> from my "voice-card 0" config.
>
>
>
> Is this correct?
>
>
>   ------------------------------
>
> NAME: "VWIC3-4MFT-T1/E1 - 4-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1 on Slot 0
> SubSlot 0", DESCR: "VWIC3-4MFT-T1/E1 - 4-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1"
>
> PID: VWIC3-4MFT-T1/E1  , VID: V01 , SN: <snip>
>
>
>
> NAME: "PVDM3 DSP DIMM with 64 Channels on Slot 0 SubSlot 4", DESCR: "PVDM3
> DSP DIMM with 64 Channels"
>
> PID: PVDM3-64          , VID: V01 , SN: <snip>
>
>
>
> NAME: "Internal Services Module with Services Ready Engine on Slot 0",
> DESCR: "Internal Services Module with Services Ready Engine"
>
> PID: ISM-SRE-300-K9    , VID: V02 , SN: <snip>
>   ------------------------------
>
>
>
>
>
> ---
> Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
> Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure
> Computing and Communications Services (CCS)
> University of Guelph
>
> 519‐824‐4120 Ext 56354
> [email protected]
> www.uoguelph.ca/ccs
> Room 037, Animal Science and Nutrition Building
> Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1
>
>
>
>
>
> itevomcid
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-voip mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
>
>
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to