Hi all;
It has been a very long time since I posted to the mailing list but you are always the "gateway of last resort" to find an expert reply :) I was testing voice translation rules on a VGW with the below setup I want someone to be able to call extensions "1XXX" from a site connected back to back to another site using E1 0/3/0 "H323 GW with CUCM in each site".I know I could do it with a simple forward-digits all under the pots dial-peer in order for the router to send 1XXX in the ISDN setup insetead of sending XXX. I am trying to verify the concept of translation profiles but I am having a strange issue, for the below call the pots dial-peer is matched as an outgoing dial-peer but as soon as this happens the debugs shows that the router check if there is a tx profile on the voice port "before making the digit strip" and translate the number and then make a dial-peer match again and then go out of the voice port.is that a normal behavior? My expectation is that the dial-peer should be matched first then apply digit strip and at the exit from the E1 interface translation profile to be applied. I cannot find any document that explains this part or document this approach.any ideas? Below is my configuration Voice translation rule 1 Rule 1 /^0../ /1\0/ Voice translation profile PSTN_OUT translate called 1 voice-port 0/3/0:15 translation-profile outgoing PSTN_OUT dial-peer voice 1 pots destination-pattern 1. port 0/3/0:15 Regards, Ahmed Elnagar | Networking Consultant | CCIE #24697, Voice
_______________________________________________ cisco-voip mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
