So start off like this:

1.      Get your Team (Or TAC) to see what you have now in Licenses! Have them 
document it! Because if you upgrade then ask for the new licenses, you will get 
screwed! Sarcasm follows: We lost 600 licenses……poof! Oh did you have more; 
hmmm we don’t think so….. Oh can’t prove it for being a loyal paying customer 
for 16 years. Um we don’t believe you….

2.      Upgrade to 9.1(1). (CUCM, Unity, I think that you will need to do UCCX 
also to version 9.X)

a.      If you do UCCX version 9.x Java goes backwards for the desktop install. 
You cannot select multiple close codes. So be aware.

3.      Disaster recovery to VM 9.1(1)

4.      Upgrade VM to 10.6.(1)? (You do not need to do UCCX, you will need to 
do a COP file for you phones the cop file for 79XX has a transfer bug that just 
hangs up the phone.)

5.      CUCM will become your license manager in 10.X

Yes you can have up to 8 Nodes I believe. Just to let you know that each sub 
can handle 10,000 users as long as you start out with correct VM template. We 
have 4 nodes, at 4 different locations.

You can install HA for Unity, That’s not an extra Cost. HA gave us a smaller 
outage window when we upgraded.

New version of CER sucks! But we have to use it, all of a sudden it will just 
stop (8.6.X was solid) the newer version just stops working……. So watch them.

Presence changes in the 10.x Call Manager does a lot more of this application. 
(I don’t do anything with presence I just know from what I have been told :>)

UCCX you don’t need to upgrade, but in the newer version you get newer and 
better things right???? From what I have heard 10.x of UCCX works with IE 11. 
You can go all to finesse, this is our next upgrade.

I think I got everything. We just did this 3 months ago.

Neal Haas

From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Scott 
Voll
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 7:04 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [cisco-voip] licensing 8.6 vs 10.5

we are looking at upgrading soon.  Can someone confirm what I believe:

in version 10.x our licensing changes to user based.  With this, I can add as 
many nodes as I like? I currently have 2 nodes. if I wanted to add a 3rd that 
would be included?  or adding HA?

This would be for CM, UC, CER, presence, but not UCCx?  am I correct?

TIA

Scott


_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to