I don't think it would be that big of a deal for a customer to open up a few 
tcp ports for a temporary tls connection .... but maybe not for every 
customer/situation. Could piggy back on 8443 cause a lot of Cisco UC customers 
might already have that open.

IMO, I think there are plenty of scenarios is where it would work. Pie in the 
sky for now though :)

Thanks,

Ryan

On Mar 2, 2016, at 11:06 PM, Horton, Jamin 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

Don't ever see that happening. Can you imagine the firewall issues you would 
have in trying to get a web based tool initiating a connection to what are 
usually internal only accessible applications! Good wish list though.

Jamin Horton - Collaboration Practice Manager
CCIE Collaboration #39988
Direct:  303-734-4048
Cell:  720-401-8340
Email:  [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

<image001.png>   <image002.jpg>
<image004.png><xmpp:[email protected]><image006.png><tel:3037344048><image008.png><tel:[email protected]><image010.png><https://jabber-guest.uc.oneneck.com/call/[email protected]><image012.png><https://oneneck.webex.com/join/jamin.horton><image014.png><tel:3033873980>

<image015.png> - This email may contain confidential and privileged material 
for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by 
others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please 
contact the sender and delete all copies.

From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ryan 
Huff
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2016 9:03 PM
To: Thomas LeMay
Cc: cisco voip
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] as built doc generation

- should be a web app, no desktop gui
- if I have to use a desktop GUI, please let me maximize the window
- I need an API, everything is better with an API (even toasters)
- I want a cloud based export; an arguable point I know, because I could 
manually move the local export to a cloud
- I want a regex engine that allows me to tone down the captured data based on 
pattern matching

Thanks,

Ryan

On Mar 2, 2016, at 10:53 PM, Thomas LeMay 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
Hi, Ryan,

I like Uplinx. What are some of the shortfalls?

Tom

From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ryan 
Huff
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2016 9:52 PM
To: cisco voip
Subject: [cisco-voip] as built doc generation


What is everyone using to build as built docs nowadays?



Variphy doesn't quite get everything I want to see and Uplinx is nice but has 
some shortfalls IMO that never seem to get addressed. Anyone have other 
suggestions besides Variphy and Uplinx? I'd love to whitebox something but do 
not have the time.



Thanks,


= Ryan =





Email: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

Spark: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

Twitter: @ryanthomashuff<http://twitter.com/ryanthomashuff>

LinkedIn: ryanthomashuff<http://linkedin.com/in/ryanthomashuff>

Web ryanthomashuff.com<http://ryanthomashuff.com>
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to