One last though Bill,
IMO, the best way to deal with the old 79xx's that had the intermediary
firmware upgrade issue is to manually upgrade it offline.
- Download and unzip all the firmware file for the load version into a folder
on your PC (source the firmware ZIP file from CCO)
- get a tftp client (TFTP32, tftpd ... etc) and point it at that folder
- put a file named "XMLDefault.cnf.xml" in that folder too
- put the following contents in the XML file
<Default>
<callManagerGroup>
<members>
<member priority="0">
<callManager>
<ports>
<ethernetPhonePort>2000</ethernetPhonePort>
<mgcpPorts>
<listen>2427</listen>
<keepAlive>2428</keepAlive>
</mgcpPorts>
</ports>
<processNodeName></processNodeName>
</callManager>
</member>
</members>
</callManagerGroup>
<loadInformation>*** THE FILENAME OF THE .LOADS FILE, WITHOUT THE .LOADS
EXTENSION</loadInformation>
<authenticationURL></authenticationURL>
<directoryURL></directoryURL>
<idleURL></idleURL>
<informationURL></informationURL>
<messagesURL></messagesURL>
<servicesURL></servicesURL>
</Default>
- Put your PC and the phone on an isolated network / vlan and create a DHCP
scope that offers Option 150, which points at the ip of the tftp server (your
PC, in this case)
- Boot the phone on this network and it should upgrade. Do this for all the
incremental versions.
Thanks,
Ryan
On 06/30/2016 10:36 AM, Ryan Huff wrote:
Bill,
To fix the factory-reset 7941 phone (I'm assuming this means you used # +
123456789*0#), you'll need to first upgrade it to the intermediate 8.3(3), then
8.5(2), then 9.x. I wouldn't factory reset anymore of those older 79xx's. Here
is a reference:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7900_series/firmware/9_3_1SR1/release_notes/P790_BK_R4E1E768_00_rn-9_3_1_sr1-7900-series/P790_BK_R4E1E768_00_rn-9_3_1_sr1-7900-series_chapter_00.html#CUIP_TP_S3B5C8CB_00
Prior to the cluster reboot (reboot would have been required (but not forced)
since you were adding model support not previously supported) you mention that
you did change the 7941 device default back to the 9.3(1) load; however, it
seems the 7941 phones may have gotten the prompt to upgrade. The 7941 should be
able to upgrade from 9.3(1) to 9.4(2)SR1.1 (what would have been in that device
pack) without issue however. Just for clarification, you did install the device
pack on all cluster nodes, correct? If you haven't rebooted the cluster yet,
I'd suggest at least restarting the tftp services, then reboot in a maintenance
window.
Thanks,
Ryan
On 06/30/2016 10:05 AM, <mailto:[email protected]>
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> wrote:
Hey Guys,
Installed cmterm-devicepack9.1.2.15130-1.cop.sgn on CUCM 9.1.2.10000-28
cluster to enable support for 8841 phones. Now, I have a location where about
20 out of 30 7941 phones are not registering and getting TFTP timeout. The
rest of the phones are registered without issue. The phones were all
registered fine with firmware SCCP41.9-31SR2-1S. I actually configured CUCM to
keep this as the primary load so they would not attempt an upgrade immediately.
We did a factory reset on one phone, but now it’s stuck in upgrading loop and
when I do show CDP neighbor, it shows 79XX_default_load. Both the phones that
we have reset and the ones not registering can’t be pinged at all from outside
the LAN. I can ping them all from the local switch, but not from the neighbor
router. However, I can ping all other phones in that VLAN.
Thoughts?
Bill Hendrix | Network/VoIP Engineer
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip