From: avhollo...@gmail.com [mailto:avhollo...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Anthony
Holloway
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2016 00:12
To: Michael Voity <mvo...@uvm.edu>
Cc: voip puck <cisco-voip@puck.nether.net>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] jabber-config.xml

Here is what the section in the jabber-config.xml looks like, assuming I have
nothing else in this file (which I do, I just didn't share all of it):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<Config version="1.0">

     <Client>

<UpdateUrl>http://internal.company.com/jabber/updates/jabber-update.xml</UpdateUrl>

     </Client>

</Config>

Here is what the whole jabber-update.xml looks like, which I'm hosting on an
internal web server:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<JabberUpdate>

     <App name="JabberWin">

          <LatestBuildNum>42920</LatestBuildNum>

          <LatestVersion>11.7.0</LatestVersion>

          <Mandatory>false</Mandatory>

          <Message>

              <![CDATA[

                   <h2>What's New in Jabber 11.7</h2>

                   <h3>Multiple Device Messaging</h3>

this release, multiple device messaging is supported for on-premises
deployments. In release 11.5, multiple device messaging was made available for
cloud deployments. Users who are signed into multiple devices can see all sent
and received IMs on each device, regardless of which device is active.
Notifications are synchronized; if an IM is read on one device, it shows as
read on other devices where you are signed in. This feature is enabled by
default,</p>

href="http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/11_7/jabw_b_release-notes-ciscojabberforwindows-117.html#reference_773545833E446DFFB10801393CC1DB3C";>Read
 the Full Release Notes</a></p>

              ]]>

          </Message>

<DownloadURL>http://internal.company.com/jabber/updates/latest/CiscoJabberSetup.msi</DownloadURL>

     </App>

</JabberUpdate>

Here is a screenshot of what the update looks like, or at least a preview of it:

I download the updates myself from cisco.com <http://cisco.com> , and I get the
build number from within the read-me after extracting the files.  I make the
changes to the jabber-update.xml to reflect the what's new and the link to the
release notes, and then finally I put the MSI in the latest folder, while
moving the previous version to a versioned out folder structure for redundancy
purposes, because I like duplicating all of the files on cisco.com
<http://cisco.com>  on my local server.  Just kidding, I trash the old file and
only keep the latest.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 3:34 PM, Michael Voity <mvo...@uvm.edu