I am having an issue using BAT to update User Credential Policy for a group
of >1000 users.
My procedure is as follows:
1. Bulk Administration/Users/Export Users (I queried by department)
using All User Format
2. Download resulting export file and convert to csv in Excel
3. Edit the PASSWORD AUTHENTICATION RULE and PIN AUTHENTICATION RULE
columns (with verified valid rule names)
4. Replace PASSWORD and PIN column data with # (to be ignored during
5. Upload csv import file
6. BAT/Users/Update Users/Custom File
7. Specify the file I just uploaded, using # as the value to be ignored
8. Run the update
The passwords and PINs stay intact as expected, but the Auth Rules do not
update. I am not sure why, because I think this has worked in the past.
NOTE: I did get the Department field to update on a few records during the
same update job.
Does anyone have any tips or advice for what I might have missed?
I really appreciate your help!!
cisco-voip mailing list