/squints eyes Not sure if sarcasm, or helpful. On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 12:48 PM Brian Meade <[email protected]> wrote:
> I like to limit down to 9600. That seems to work out much better. > > On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 12:54 PM, Anthony Holloway < > [email protected]> wrote: > >> What's the explanation for setting the fax machine itself to 14400, or >> the dial-peer for that matter, when for the most part SG3 is not supported, >> and SG3 gets spoofed down to G3, and the command "fax rate voice", which is >> the default, already caps at 14400? >> >> I might have explained that poorly, but basically, I see 14400 speeds all >> the time, and I don't change the fax rate command nor set the speed on the >> machine. >> >> I'm not challenging what you're saying, just trying to understand it. >> Fax has been a pain for me, just like everyone else, so the more I know, >> the better I can deal with it. >> >> I do like to avoid unnecessary config when possible, but in this case, I >> just don't know if there is proven evidence, that you need to do these two >> things. >> >> On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 11:35 AM Ryan Huff <[email protected]> wrote: >> >>> Set the TX/RX rate at 14400 kbps and turn ECM. I would do that at the >>> machine level first, and/or the dial-peer level second. >>> >>> Sent from my iPhone >>> >>> On May 8, 2018, at 12:17, Jonatan Quezada <[email protected]> >>> wrote: >>> >>> we are finding that after our sip cutover, that our faxes are happiest >>> signalling over a T1 connection that originally we were trying to get away >>> from, however trouble shooting was terrible and we are moving past having >>> all voice traffic on the SIP trunk. >>> >>> Currently we are signalling for voice( calls ) only on the trunk and fax >>> traffic can come in and out via that T1. >>> >>> My question is , still every so often we are seeing fax drops and >>> incomplete page transmissions. >>> >>> looking at the controller the interface is solid no slips and seems to >>> negotiate the connections just fine. but again every so often there are >>> drops or sending fails altogether. >>> >>> We are wanting to try limiting the transmission rates but on the ATA190 >>> and 191s you cannot rate limit on the device. It sounds like this needs to >>> done at the dial peer level. if so what is the best starting configuration >>> for the dial peers that will handle on ly fax and go out a certain gateway >>> that has the T1 on it? >>> >>> >>> https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-border-element/115742-fax-modem-call-flows-00.html >>> >>> Im looking at this call flow >>> >>> Telco - PRI - GW - MGCP - CUCM - SIP - ATA187 - Fax/Modem >>> <https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-border-element/115742-fax-modem-call-flows-00.html#anc7> >>> >>> except the ATAs are 190 and 191s >>> >>> If we go the dial peer route, since the DID are not contiguous I will >>> need a dial peer for each one huh? >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> -- >>> For immediate assistance please reach out to Chemeketa IT Help Desk at >>> 5033997899 <(503)%20399-7899> >>> -or- >>> Visit the help center from your employee dashboard found here: >>> *https://dashboard.chemeketa.edu/helpcenter/default.aspx >>> <https://dashboard.chemeketa.edu/helpcenter/default.aspx>* >>> >>> >>> Johnny Q >>> Voice Technology Analyst - TelNet >>> Chemeketa Community College >>> [email protected] >>> Building 22 Room 131 >>> Work 5033995294 <(503)%20399-5294> >>> Mobile 9712182110 <(971)%20218-2110> >>> SIP 5035406686 <(503)%20540-6686> >>> >>> _______________________________________________ >>> cisco-voip mailing list >>> [email protected] >>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip >>> >>> _______________________________________________ >>> cisco-voip mailing list >>> [email protected] >>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip >>> >> >> _______________________________________________ >> cisco-voip mailing list >> [email protected] >> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip >> >> >
_______________________________________________ cisco-voip mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
