Nothing, unfortunately. I haven’t had the opportunity to research options and 
build a solution. Quite honestly, I’ve been stuck on password requirements. I 
don’t feel comfortable storing passwords in plaint text, regardless of 
permissions.

I would _love_ it if you could set up private keys for ssh sessions, then I’d 
use expect ‘til the cows come home.

From what I recall, in Windows scheduler, there was an encryption option. But 
it’s been ages since I last used it.

-sent from mobile device-

Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Computing and Communications Services | University of Guelph
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 
2W1<x-apple-data-detectors://1/0>
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354<tel:519-824-4120;56354> | 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, 
Twitter and Facebook

[University of Guelph Cornerstone with Improve Life tagline]

On Oct 25, 2018, at 8:15 PM, Anthony Holloway 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

That is a benefit for sure.  What do you schedule and automate today in CUCM?

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018, 5:59 PM Lelio Fulgenzi 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

I’d appreciate CLI over GUI for one big reason… cronjobs.

I know this is windows, but at least I could schedule them.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Computing and Communications Services | University of Guelph
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, 
Twitter and Facebook

[University of Guelph Cornerstone with Improve Life tagline]

From: cisco-voip 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> 
On Behalf Of Anthony Holloway
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2018 5:53 PM
To: Pete Brown <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Cc: Cisco VoIP Group 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] PowerShell Provider for CUCM

So why not a custom web front end then?  I mean, if you already have green 
techs as your target audience, surely a GUI would be better than a CLI, right?  
And if you do plan to release this out to a larger audience, I think you'd have 
better adoption of a web front in than a CLI client.  Just my opinion.

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 4:10 PM Pete Brown 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

Anthony,



The end goal would be to give admins with little to no scripting experience a 
CLI based method of browsing, querying and possibly managing objects.  As far 
as I know, there's no way to do this unless you meet the following requirements:



  *   Decent scripting/development background
  *   Experience consuming REST & SOAP services
  *   Familiar with the CUCM Data Dictionary

That rules out the majority of the UC folks I've worked with.  Sure, there's 
the stock web UI.  Or solutions from Variphy & UnifiedFX if you can convince 
the business to get the budget.  But sometimes it's nice to have an easy to use 
CLI option that doesn't involve the complexities of learning the APIs.


Not sure if they have a provider or not.  Would be a little presumptuous to 
think I was the first guy that had this idea.


-Pete


________________________________
From: Anthony Holloway 
<[email protected]<mailto:avholloway%[email protected]>>
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2018 3:30 PM
To: Pete Brown
Cc: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>; Cisco VoIP Group
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] PowerShell Provider for CUCM

Pete,

Why do I get the feeling like you already know it doesn't?

Anyway, what's your use case for a utility like this?  What's the end goal?

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 2:10 PM Pete Brown 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

Edgar,



Does Variphy offer a PowerShell provider for browsing CUCM objects?





-Pete

________________________________
From: Edgar Salazar <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2018 1:55 PM
To: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] PowerShell Provider for CUCM

Pete are you looking to specifically query for these details using PowerShell?  
You can look at Variphy's As-Built reporting, it can possibly save you hours of 
work.  You can get a 30 day evaluation license to see if this fits your need:  
https://www.variphy.com/products/cisco-as-built-configuration-reporting/<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.variphy.com%2Fproducts%2Fcisco-as-built-configuration-reporting%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C79010b42726345a1b92808d63ab8b31a%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636760962278096439&sdata=yiLXUrhKwZTJ65o5jNT%2BtWTusbdMtCPqtfDKg5jaqe4%3D&reserved=0>

Cheers,

Edgar
[Variphy, Inc. 
Logo]<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fgmp1xY&data=02%7C01%7C%7C79010b42726345a1b92808d63ab8b31a%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636760962278096439&sdata=qv1aUKE2Z%2FlFDyaZWNYbPMHM%2FBHrdApZ7cG25ovIX4o%3D&reserved=0>




Edgar Salazar · Consulting Systems Engineer
Variphy, 
Inc.<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fgmp1xY&data=02%7C01%7C%7C79010b42726345a1b92808d63ab8b31a%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636760962278096439&sdata=qv1aUKE2Z%2FlFDyaZWNYbPMHM%2FBHrdApZ7cG25ovIX4o%3D&reserved=0>
 · "Trust but Variphy"
t.(832)VARIPHY (832-827-4749)<tel:+1-832-827-4749>
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
[LinkedIn]<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fp1VeF6&data=02%7C01%7C%7C79010b42726345a1b92808d63ab8b31a%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636760962278096439&sdata=XKYVYEXZP5qZHOdTuaneWrNpBtIZa0LuOUcUzia0KDs%3D&reserved=0>[Twitter]<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2FKvwvnn&data=02%7C01%7C%7C79010b42726345a1b92808d63ab8b31a%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636760962278096439&sdata=dgYlVT2XQsBdaqr5Eyo3DL1mdTGB8NPq%2BnGRl8iE%2ByU%3D&reserved=0>[Google+]<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2FDkuXKD&data=02%7C01%7C%7C79010b42726345a1b92808d63ab8b31a%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636760962278096439&sdata=vyX2LW0Cw4CvsJ22QfYL4hDt5yAOoheGer43qUFyRFM%3D&reserved=0>[Variphy
 
Support]<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2F5x0Ccs&data=02%7C01%7C%7C79010b42726345a1b92808d63ab8b31a%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636760962278096439&sdata=3Q8Fc2jaYtaZ%2BSulpaUbu%2FEjWcFVPAMv8FjUYWNbwjY%3D&reserved=0>







On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 1:40 PM Pete Brown 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

TLDR - Can't seem to find any PS providers for CUCM so I'm writing one.



There are a bunch of great PS scripts out there that provide cmdlets for AXL 
operations, but I'd like to be able to enumerate and reference CUCM objects via 
a PSDrive as you can with other providers.



  *   PS> dir c:
  *   PS> dir SQLSERVER:\{host}\{instance}\Databases\...



For CUCM I was thinking of doing something like this.



  *   PS> Connect-CUCM -host {cucmhost} -user {axluser} -pass {axl-pass}
  *   PS> dir CUCM:\{cucmhost}\Devices
  *   PS> dir CUCM:\{cucmhost}\Devices\SEP0123456789AB
  *   PS> dir CUCM:\{cucmhost}\Devices -dn 123456
  *   PS> dir CUCM:\{cucmhost}\EndUsers

  *   PS> dir CUCM:\{cucmhost}\EndUsers\myusername

  *   PS> dir CUCM:\{cucmhost}\EndUsers -group Admins



I recently had to write a provider for another project, so it won't be too hard 
to whip one up that runs AXL queries and presents PS objects.  Maybe add 
RisPort support so device config and state data can be presented as a single 
object.  Initially it would be read-only.



Please chime in if you have ideas on how you'd like to see this implemented.  
Directory structure, query options, etc.





-Pete
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpuck.nether.net%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fcisco-voip&data=02%7C01%7C%7C79010b42726345a1b92808d63ab8b31a%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636760962278096439&sdata=UL9VAA9SEVIsQ1XosIraqKCThK%2FMfFfu5nUz92b4R7s%3D&reserved=0>
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpuck.nether.net%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fcisco-voip&data=02%7C01%7C%7C79010b42726345a1b92808d63ab8b31a%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636760962278096439&sdata=UL9VAA9SEVIsQ1XosIraqKCThK%2FMfFfu5nUz92b4R7s%3D&reserved=0>
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to