Adam,

Thanks for the input.  The line swapping thing is a great example of the 
functions I'd like to implement.


Sounds like some interesting work you've done in Ruby.  The integrity checks 
you mentioned are one of the reasons I'm going down this path.  If the users 
can get easy access to the device objects and attributes, it will be easier to 
do automated reconciliations against external data sources.  I like your idea 
of throwing the logic in there to automatically modify the voicemail 
forwarding.  Very slick!


-Pete


________________________________
From: cisco-voip <[email protected]> on behalf of Pawlowski, 
Adam <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2018 1:02 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] PowerShell Provider for CUCM

Pete,

There are some things that are easier to do through AXL than through the 
administration portal that cmdlets could maybe make easier, for sure. Playing 
slide puzzle with buttons on phones, especially the primary DN, for example. 
Some things are easier if you can wrap the database or use a DB query like 
locating and updating all BLF Speed Dial labels for a particular number.

To the scheduling function, it would be this in a perfect world:

Post LDAP-sync, locate and update alerting and display names on all primary DNs 
to reflect the user's name, should it have bene updated or changed.

I have written some minor classes in Ruby to wrap AXL SOAP objects so I can 
instantiate IPPHone, UCMUser, Line, etc - items of value, and have been working 
those into reporting, data integrity checks. Next step is the above attribute 
updating, provisioning of Jabber devices. I have another script which runs to 
poll the LDAP users from the UCM and extract their avatar from EWS for Jabber, 
so I can use data from that to determine when a user's no longer in the system, 
and then if I have their primary extension, I can unset voicemail forwarding, 
and use the (comparatively junk) CUPI interface over there to decon voicemail.

Lots of utility to a thing like this. I'm not a powershell person myself, but 
if that's where your org does their automation and maintenance work then I 
could see it being helpful.

Adam


_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpuck.nether.net%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fcisco-voip&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C2ecd3b618bf44517a4c208d63b6d2d2d%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636761737421597364&amp;sdata=5X6oaTiECvoRmtZze6doqwORY1LuBnmsBB53LPFh7yA%3D&amp;reserved=0
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to