From: cisco-voip <cisco-voip-boun...@puck.nether.net> on behalf of Pete Brown
<j...@chykn.com>
Sent: Friday, December 7, 2018 10:19 AM
To: Daniel; cisco-voip@puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Recovering UCOS Passwords - Round 281

Sure enough, this round goes to our friends in Boxborough.  They're using the
same algorithm as before, but now they're also encrypting the passphrase with
RSA.  Unless the RSA private key fairy brings me something for Christmas, this
route will be closed with updates.  That truly would be a gift that keeps on
giving!  😊

For labs, there may be a workaround.  Try booting the UC host to a Linux CD and
overwriting the following file with an older copy.  Then it should spit out a
traditional passphrase when you create the remote account.

/usr/local/platform/bin/remotesupport_createaccount

Would probably be easiest to pull it from the RPM on an ISO.  This is the path
on a 12.0.1.10000-10 disk.

\Cisco\ucplatform\RPMS\platform-remotesupport-2.0.0.1-3.i386.rpm