Ok. From what I recall, it's not that Jabber is not supported with CCX, but in 
fact, a common deployment model is not supported.

I believe it has to do with the same primary extension enabled on more than one 
device, with the primary extension being the agent extension.

In all my discussions, no one could tell me that if we were to choose to use 
Jabber on a desktop, on-prem, with multiple extensions (uccx primary, private 
secondary), that it wouldn't work.

The answer always came back, "but that's not how we want to use it".

I'm eager to find out more about Jabber and CCX (and MRA).

Lelio


---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Computing and Communications Services | University of Guelph
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, 
Twitter and Facebook

[University of Guelph Cornerstone with Improve Life tagline]

From: cisco-voip <[email protected]> On Behalf Of Pawlowski, 
Adam
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 12:58 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [cisco-voip] Jabber with CCX , over MRA

Good afternoon all,

Just trying to get my notes together on the subject of using Jabber as an agent 
softphone, with UCCX (12) , over MRA. Recently saw some commentary that it is 
not supported, but, it's not explicitly called out that I can tell.

The CCX SRND mentions that Expressway is supported "as an endpoint", Jabber can 
be used, but doesn't call any specific limitation to the two. This guide does 
say that Multiline is not supported which seemed to be new.

As far as I can tell it is working just fine to use with Finesse over MRA, the 
only thing I haven't done yet is looked at traffic to see if it/CTI works 
because it can reach the UCM directly.

Anyone have any experience with trying to implement that, or, if they know for 
sure it is problematic or ... not ?

Adam
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to