I've not had any production experience, only testing.

>From a cloud registered endpoint perspective, you'll likely be using the 
>"Call" button and have to enter the video address of the meeting. You 
>shouldn't have any issues.

What I don't like is the fact that forwarded meeting invites do not appear on 
the screen and/or show up with a join button.

Scenario: Your org is exclusively Webex, but your vendor sends you a Zoom 
invite. They can't book your room. You need to book it yourself. The easiest 
way is to setup your O365 to allow rooms to auto-accept forwarded invites (and 
include all meeting notes). However, the meeting information never shows up on 
the device. I have tried replicating the meeting information via copy and paste 
and I believe that works (now I can't remember). My beef was that even 
forwarded Webex invites don't work!

I'm hoping they resolve that soon.

You could also consider writing an applet/macro for the device for Zoom, etc 
that asks for a meeting number and tags the domain. 

The other thing is, if the far end supports video endpoints, they typically 
support call back as well.

The other other thing is, if you download the far end's mobile app, you should 
be able to click on the meeting in your mobile calendar, it launch the mobile 
app, and that should have a "call my video device" option. 

All things worth trying...

Let us know how you make out.



---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Computing and Communications Services | University of Guelph
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | [email protected]

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook



-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-voip <[email protected]> On Behalf Of Myron Young
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:24 PM
To: cisco-voip voyp list <[email protected]>
Subject: [cisco-voip] Webex room devices with 3rd party meetings

Hello,

Anyone has any good experience in joining non-Webex meetings from the Cisco 
roomkit devices? Trying to deploy a standard for conference rooms with roomkit 
devices and touch 10 but need to make sure user experience is easy or similar 
when joining Webex meetings vs non-webex meetings such as Zoom, Blue Jeans or 
Microsoft meetings. 
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to