From: Ali, Abbas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 12:59 AM
To: 'anil'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: serial up/up w/o cable [7:27604]

It is correct, but according to my knowledge, it will still show down/down
even the cable is attached.  The only way to bring it to up/up if other side
is also connected along with the encapuslation and other parameters.  It is
different then Ethernet where the physical port will go up as soon as the
cable is detected.

Abbas