Hi Harold/all,

In your description u mentioned that u can use /31 mask also,

Your comments:
"Since the point-to-point link is likely to have a /30 (or /31 if they're
running 12.2) mask on it"

questions is
-------------

-will the connection work , till now i only know that 30 is the max mask
used on serial lines .how will we use this 31 mask
- Does this applies only in ios version 12.2 or later as mentioned.
- Do people use these 31 mask
- Can anybody provide me any inf & link

Thanx in Advance
(Please refer the description below in thread he mentioned that.)

--------------------
Over a leased line I can't see the harm in leaving it running. If someone
manages to get into your router, there's very little target enumeration they
can do with CDP that can't be done by other means. Since the point-to-point
link is likely to have a /30 (or /31 if they're running 12.2) mask on it,
it's not going to be a stretch to figure out the other router's IP.

While disabling CDP is certainly a sound practice on LAN interfaces, we also
disable it on our switched WAN connections on general principles. That isn't
a magic bullet by any means though, disabling CDP is security through
obscurity more than anything else. If you're concerned about unauthorized
access to your routers, then you should consider running access classes on
your vty lines and AAA so you can audit access to the routers, if you aren't
already.