-Anthony

From: Eric G [mailto:e...@nixwizard.net]
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 2:33 PM
To: Anthony Sebastian
Cc: Martin Wyatt; David MacQuigg; Peter Schmitt; Pat Palmer; Hayford Peirce;
Citizendium general project announcement list; John Stephenson; Maria
Cuervo; David MacQuigg
Subject: Re: [Citizendium-l] regarding the transition to less expensive
hosting

I hate to be a "Negative Nancy" or to be someone who brings any negativity
to the project, but I was one of the early active contributors and every
time I receive emails from "the Citizendium project" it saddens me, because
I really believed in the project's goals.

Isn't it an appropriate time to really take a step back and take an honest
look at why the Citizendium project failed, and really try to figure out how
the project can be revived?

I'm not explicitly saying that it's time to give up and man the life boats,
but it really feels like the last remaining editors are playing a sonnet on
the Titanic's deck at this point.

Thanks for reading,
Eric M Gearhart (my CZ username)
Concerned Citizen.

On Dec 30, 2013 5:22 PM, "Anthony Sebastian" <anthony_sebast...@msn.com>
wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> Darren Duncan, our user who volunteered to develop a plan for less
expensive hosting for Citizendium, from $320 to $100 per month, developed
the plan and initiated the process of switching from our current three
server configuration to a one server configuration. We continue operating on
the $320 three server configuration. Darren is having a hard time finding
time to actually migrate the wiki, test wiki and forum software to the one
server configuration.