On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Luís Oliveira<luis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What about splitting gl:enum back into multiple ones like it used to
> be? Perhaps keeping the big enum, since it makes sense for some of the
> functions, I suppose. Could we generate this automatically from the
> spec?

Doesn't help, since there are cases where a particular value has
multiple names, even when returned by the same function. For example
when an extension adds a value, with -foo on the name, then it gets
added to the core without the -foo, but the same value. So code using
the extension should check for the -foo name, while code using the
newer GL version should check for the name without -foo, even though
both are actually looking for the same numerical value.

(and it would probably be hard to generate automatically from what I
remember of trying to do so last time)

-b-