On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 6:58 AM, Chris Bagley <chris.bag...@gmail.com>wrote:

> We use runtime compiling to create our wrappers in case functionality is
> not present.

Runtime compilation is more of an optimization, we could store the function
pointers in a closure or global array or something instead (and in fact
probably should store them differently to be handle multiple drivers on
windows correctly, but making that correct/efficient would probably be
harder even though not many people would need it.)

That is great, but how do more static languages that don’t have this kind
> of control handle multiple versions of opengl?
>
> In C/C++ you can call a function pointer exactly the same way as a normal
function, so they usually just define a bunch of function pointers for the
extension functions and initialize them all at once. Most people probably
use a library like GLEW or GLEE for that.