I have found that starting concurrent copies of freshclam can give logg()
errors, but I'm yet to find it resulting in anything crashing. The logg
problems are, I suspect, because of issues in the logfile locking code, which
it's true should be addressed.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] freshclam]# freshclam&freshclam&freshclam
[1] 5693
[2] 5694
ClamAV update process started at Fri Oct  6 10:57:45 2006
ERROR: Problem with internal logger (UpdateLogFile =
/var/log/clamav/freshclam.log).
ERROR: Problem with internal logger (UpdateLogFile =
/var/log/clamav/freshclam.log).
[1]-  Exit 62                 freshclam
[EMAIL PROTECTED] freshclam]# Connecting via 192.168.1.1
main.cvd is up to date (version: 40, sigs: 64138, f-level: 8, builder: tkojm)
Connecting via 192.168.1.1
daily.cvd is up to date (version: 1999, sigs: 7379, f-level: 8, builder: sven)

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Adjudicator, Band Trainer, Composer, Tutor, Typesetter.
NJH Music, Barnsley, UK.  ICQ#20252325