Will McCutcheon wrote:

I hooked up a monitor to my server recently to troubleshoot some unrelated network problems and discovered that clamd has been spewing messages on my tty1 console. This became extremely annoying very quickly because it would dump a bunch of junk over top my console every few seconds whenever it got an e-mail (I use it with clamav-milter). I would very much like to get ClamAV to quiet down and keep its logging in the syslog and ClamAV log where I want it.

[..]

Nigel says it is due compile option --debug.

I will make stable packages without --debug and devel snapshots with --debug
option in future. This should be fine solution for both kind of usage.

Petr