On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Damian Menscher wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Nigel Horne wrote:
>
> ClamAV version 0.67-1, clamav-milter version 0.67a

>>> 550 5.7.1 Virus detected by ClamAV - http://www.clamav.net
>
>> (d) pointing out and example of what more you want.
>
> How about something like:
> 550 5.7.1 Virus detected: Mydoom.f  (http://www.clamav.net/)

Just a reminder, this is still something we're waiting for.  It doesn't
look like it's been changed in CVS, though I hear someone submitted a
patch for it.  (I'm being a bit pushy since it would be good to get this
into the final release of 0.70.)

Also, I'd like to add another, slightly more difficult, request: a
little more flexibility in the drop/bounce/reject options.  If the virus
database could contain a flag of whether the virus is one that spoofs
the from address, versus one that doesn't, versus one that attaches to
legitimate files (word macro viruses, for example), then postmasters
could decide whether to drop/bounce/reject these different *classes* of
viruses accordingly.  Would certainly end the endless debate about what
is the best method, or at least make it more interesting.  ;)

Damian Menscher
--
-=#| Physics Grad Student & SysAdmin @ U Illinois Urbana-Champaign |#=-
-=#| 488 LLP, 1110 W. Green St, Urbana, IL 61801 Ofc:(217)333-0038 |#=-