List wrote:

http://mail.limelyte.net/admin/virus/ for a preview.

Suggestions, critique, etc are welcomed.

Can i plug it into mrtg?

> It looks great!  About the only thing I'd add is a list of offending
> IPs with # of hits.
>
> Very nice, how about a (searchable) list of all known virii?
>
> Yes nice work Rick. Are you gleaning this information from clamav.log,
> or some mail log?

Hi,

One response to all the questions :)

1)

Mrtg - Sure, a simple perl or php program can pull the info from the mysql backend and update an mrtg or rrdtool data set quite easily.

2)

IP's - Well the backend is currently using the qsla updater which reads qmail-queue.log. No IP's are contained in there. The data base currently contains virus name, from, to, timestamp, Subject and Year Month Day. See 4 for more information

3)

Searchable List of all know virii ? What exactly do you want to see and how would you go about doing it ? If you enter somefool in the current Search form on the page, it will give you a list of all the known somefool variants and when the were seen, totals, etc. What more are you looking for exactly ?

4)

Logs - Currently it's reading the qmail-scanner qmail-queue.log file. Since it is a totally separate entity from the stats page itself it will be quite easy to re-write/add support for a multilog clamd log file entries, qmail-scanner syslog entries etc. I will probably write a backend to do the qmail-scanner syslog entries scanners to get the IP's of the offender (Great idea, as an ISP it would be nice to see which of our users are sending them out).

What I'd really like to see is some sort of integration with the Virus database that one of the other list users is making, linking all known vendors names, so we can easily see what is being caught and what isn't.

Off for the night.

Regards,

Rick