On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 at  7:40:38 -0700, Michael D. Crawford wrote:
[...]
> What I think would work would be to unpack my mailbox
> file into a directory of individual messages, one in
> each file, and use clamscan --mbox --remove on that
> directory, and then collect all the messages back into
> an individual mailbox file.
>
> Would that be advisable, and if so, do you know some
> Linux software that could do it?

There are scripts for changing the format of "mailbox" from mailbox to
maildir. E.g. check the page "Converting Mbox mailboxes to Maildir
format" at  http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/mb2md/ ,
find for mbox2maildir and maildir2mbox scripts at google etc.

You can also convert mailbox (in both directions) with mutt itself!

You can create (even manually) some maildir-type folder, e.g.:

$ ls -l Maildir-test
drwx------               Jun 16 17:02 cur/
drwx------               Jun 16 17:02 new/
drwx------               Jun 16 17:02 tmp/

Then read the wanted mailbox with mutt, select messages which you want
and save them into Maildir-test folder. Mutt will recognise that the
folder is in maildir-type and convert the messages while saving.

After cleaning the folder you can save it back to some mailbox-type
folder, thus converting them to mailbox-type.

--
 Tomasz Papszun   SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland  | And it's only
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/iso/ | ones and zeros.