On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Michael D. Crawford wrote:

> Somebody yesterday said to use formail to convert
> maildirs back to mbox format.  I've looked at the
> formail man page and I can't figure out how to do it.

May I humbly re-suggest my method posted April 8 ?

cat mbox | formail -s procmail -m ./Clam.rc

Where Clam.rc is:

# Start of RC file
#
VIRUS=`/usr/local/bin/clamdscan --mbox --disable-summary --stdout  -`

:0 Di
* VIRUS ?? FOUND
VirusMail

:0
GoodMail

# End of file

Replace paths as needed, replace clamdscan with clamscan if appropriate,
etc. Far simpler I do believe.