On Aug 20, 2004, at 7:21 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Rajanikanth P wrote:
Hello D.J. Fan,

But i have a problem here. Assume that clam updates are published at
6:10 Pm. I check for new updates at 6:05 so the next time i gonna
check is at 7:05 it just means that after 55 mins i got the updates.
And within this 55 minutes thousands and thousands of say ..a worm
which is in wild arrives to my mailserver and clam does not detect it
& it passes out what do i do ?

This is where "phone-tree" solutions become interesting - the first person to hear something calls the head of the phone tree. They call five pre-set people. Each of those people calls five more people. Etc., etc.

Get together with five other organizations that use ClamAV. Each of you check at one of :05, :15, ... :55. If any one of you realizes that there's a new version, tell the other four.

Viral antivirus propagation?